My dad brother and mom Mike and I all went to Red Robin for dinner which I chose by the way. lol. They have a really good fish burger. After that mom was very generous and stayed with Jet for a bit so that Mike and I could go sit in the hot tub. Before I had kids i never realized that having 30 mins to yourself could be so glorious. We had a good rest of the night, Jet slept pretty well for being in a new place, which is always a worry when you travel with a baby. All in all I had a great birthday surrounded by the people I love.
Update on Jet, he had his 4 month vaccines and check up today. I'm feeling kinda guilty though because I wasn't up all night worrying about his appt and about the fact that he is going to get jabbed numerous times. In fact I had a very peaceful 8.5 hr sleep. So when we got to the Dr office I thought ok I better get ready for the waterworks to start, my waterworks that is. But they never came. The nurse said at his first shots that most moms cry when their babies get vaccinated, I guess because they sting and it's hard to watch your baby in pain. Especially since you are kinda causing it. But i never cried, nor did my eyes tear up. Does that make me a bad mother? Do I not love him as much as I should? Of course not!! I am really fed up with society putting labels on moms that don't do everything by the book. The worst is the other women telling you things and they don't even have kids. I mean seriously, c mon. So from now on I am changing the tape playing in my head that I am a good caring, loving mother even though I didn't cry when my son got his vaccines. :) Sorry for the rant.
Jet is growing well 14.5 lbs and 24 inches, he is in the 50% for weight gain and 25-50% for height. Man he is growing up so fast. Next month we can start solids!!! Not looking forward to the dreaded poop change that happens when he starts. I know that I will be relegated to doing most of these diaper changes as Mike's stomach is not that strong. Oh the joy's of motherhood.
Sorry for the long post, i tend to ramble a bit. time for some pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment